Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Thinking Spot

I walked down to the creek today to visit the "Thinking Spot". There's an old tree there that is probably five feet across the trunk. It has a very low branch that you can sit on and watch the water trickle by. Because almost all of the snow we've had melted on one day, it was more like rushing by. The sun reflecting off of the water was beautiful and the sound so soothing. There's a rock wall with a ledge on the opposite side of the creek that had icicles hanging from it. It's a beautiful spot. One of these days I'm going to take some string with me to measure around the trunk of the old tree.
Do you have a "thinking spot"?
Nancy

3 comments:

  1. I believe my thinking spot is my room. ;-) but it's the green gate where the cows are that I like to sit on and think. LOL. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes. That is a good spot.
    I miss you, too.
    Love,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a neat place!

    I also love to sit by the creek. I suppose it's the sound of water that draws me; so peaceful, restful, relaxing. (unless, that is, it has been flooded!) ;^) But other then that, I enjoy 'thinking walks'. Most often I'll walk a path through the woods on our property, and think as I go. I love soaking up the smells of the forest. The earthy wet smells of spring time; the fresh, green, smells that come with summer as the sun warms everything through the canopy of new leaves; that dry, crisp feeling of fall, and the crunchy sound as you tromp on the fallen leaves; and that biting cold air as winter approaches and you can smell the snow before it has arrived.

    Yes, I'm in love with this place...

    ReplyDelete