Sunday, February 7, 2010

Chickweed and Snow

I was so excited to find chickweed growing in my cold frames! It is such a cute little plant but, oh so noble. It has so many uses. I put some in the food processor to chop it up, put it in a jar, and covered it with olive oil. Each day I shake it and after a couple of weeks I'll strain the oil off, melt a little beeswax in it, and have a salve! (I also treated the chickens to some, thinking they would love having something green to eat right now.)
We got about 4 1/2 inches of snow from the last storm so it makes for some interesting walking around the farm. There is another storm due in tonight that we might get 6 or more inches from. But, for today, the sun is shining!
Hope you are enjoying the days no matter what the weather!
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment