Thursday, June 17, 2010

Journey To Simplify-Part Four

Jack worked for a local rancher for a year, which was a wonderful experience. An opportunity then came up for an excellent job and he got it. We lived like everyone else for the next eight years (Yep. Eight years.) and in that time forgot about our vision to live on the homestead. We were so far removed from it, in fact, that we bought a house in the city. Things didn't go well there. One day a woman that was at our house, who I barely knew and Jack not at all, said to me, "You two need to remember what your dreams were in the beginning." Just like that. Out of the blue. After she left I started thinking. What dreams? Did we ever have any dreams? I honestly couldn't remember. But, that was the start of a process that led us back to the right track.

Nancy

1 comment:

  1. look at me! I figured out how to be a follower. (with Ashley's help :-\ )
    The goat pics and captions are hilarious!
    You need to e-mail Louis and tell him you saw the photo of us and let him know you are posting on your blog again. He will think that is funny.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete