Sunday, June 27, 2010

Catch-Up

Sorry it's been so long. Things have been mighty busy around here!
I tried to put some pictures of some garage sale finds (treasures) on here but blogger isn't working right. I'll try again later.
We have had heat indexes of 110 degrees lately and that has made gardening very challenging. But, then, the weather the last three years has been challenging. I picked my first handful of green beans a few days ago and that was exciting! We have large green tomatoes that we are keeping our eyes on, just waiting for them to start ripening!
We'll be taking a steer in tonight. Remember Marty? I hate to see him go, but will enjoy the meat. After eating homegrown, chemical-free, hormone-free, pasturefed beef, we really notice the difference when we eat the other.
I hear thunder in the distance so maybe we will get some much-needed rain and, hopefully, some cooler temperatures.
Hope your day is going well and your gardens are flourishing!
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment