Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Slowing Down

We are so blessed to live on a farm. And, when I am away for any time at all, I am reminded of that fact. I can't wait to get back. To see creation in its fullness is a blessing that is so hard to convey in words. My heart fills with gratitude and amazement when I think about it. Wherever you are I hope you will slow down and take note of all of the glorious things going on around you.

And, that brings me to a point that I am thinking about today. Slowing down. We cannot embrace those people and things that really matter unless we do. Our culture has sped up to the point that it has become harmful in so many ways; relationshipwise, healthwise, anythingwise. And I am speaking to myself here as I have been at times one of the worst offenders. ( Interesting that all across the world slow movements pertaining to just about everything are springing up as people are seeing the results of Their hurriedness.) I hope that I can slow down and live in a way that has time for people and true contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment