Friday, September 16, 2011

Homestead Milk Cooling

If you cool your fresh milk right away it will stay fresh much longer and have a better taste.
Here is how I cool mine. I put it in water in this rinse tub and add ice after the jars are in.
It looks funny because the fridge in the kitchen has almost nothing but ice trays in the top freezer.
When we have more milk I use another rinse tub. If you have just up to three jars, you can put them in the sink the same way.
The tubs are in the laundry room.
Hope this helps and enjoy that milk!
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Nancy,
    Just wanted to let you know that you have won the 2 1/2 lbs. of mohair. If you click on my profile and email your address to me, I'll get that out to you.
    From Glory Farm,
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a wonderful way to cool milk!!!

    ReplyDelete