Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Updates

We have had a two-day break from thunderstorms so we are trying to get some things planted in the garden. Hard to believe that it's almost July and we are still trying! This is a first!
I will be cutting some wonderful broccoli tonight and for that I am very thankful. It won't be long before the onions are ready and I noticed some flowers on the tomato plants. We replanted the green beans and they are coming up and also the pickling cucumbers. We still have lots of plants that we started from seed and the seed potatoes are holding on. A big part of the garden washed away so it will take a little bit to get it back in shape. I'm drooling just thinking about fresh vegetables! Lord willing, we will have some yet!
The boer goat kids are getting big! I want so badly to keep the four does to breed again, but we will have to see. I have them advertised for sale because the car is being repaired again. I am planning to wean them very soon either way.
We will be drying Clarabelle up very soon and giving her a rest. So, for a little while we will only be milking two cows. If you look closely at the heading picture you will see Clarabelle. We are still milking just once a day and it is working out very well.
Hope all of you are enjoying summer.
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment