Friday, May 14, 2010

Dairy Things and Simple Life

I added 1/4 tsp. lipase powder to two gallons of milk for mozzarella cheese this time and it does have more flavor. Now I need to have people do a taste test and tell me if they like it better with or without. I'll let you know how it tastes on pizza!
Someone asked why their homemade butter doesn't taste good and it is because the buttermilk wasn't rinsed out well. Easy to fix! The butter has to be rinsed thoroughly after it forms to remove the buttermilk. Otherwise, it will not keep well and will taste sour. Be sure to save that buttermilk that you pour off of the butter before rinsing; it makes the most wonderful biscuits, pancakes, muffins, etc.!
I've been giving a lot of thought as to why a person simplifies their life, after someone made an observation as to why we might be doing it. There is a lot of talk about this subject these days because of the economy and other things going on. As soon as I get my thoughts together I want to explain what led us down this path and why we pursue it.
Stay tuned and have a great day!
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment